A second chance for a first-class education. That's what we offer troubled teens who are academically stalled due to substance abuse or a variety of emotional or behavioral issues.
As a therapeutic, college preparatory boarding school, we have helped thousands of bright, talented students work through the difficulties of adolescence while they rediscover their keen intellectual capabilities and the joy of learning.
How we help our students excel:
- Dynamic, innovative faculty, including five college instructors with Ph.Ds
- Rigorous college preparatory curriculum with a full year of college coursework
- Competitive environment where the spirit of excellence is modeled and practiced
- Exciting academic and creative electives
- Individualized coursework structured for exceptional students
- SAT and ACT prep courses
- College placement and advising
How we help them catch up:
- Small classes and individualized attention
- Customized education plans that address their strengths and needs
- Teachers and tutors available days, evenings and weekends
- Extended Academic Support Services for extra help
- Minimum passing grade of 75 to raise the bar
- Monthly report cards for continual motivation and performance feedback
- No TVs, cellphones, or social networking to distract them
- An emotionally safe and supportive environment, respectful of all
- Special IEP supports
- The Bridge Program: an academic transition environment for 18- to 20-year olds
For the past several years, virtually 100 percent of our graduates have been accepted to post-secondary institutions, including schools like Brandeis University, Carnegie-Mellon, University of Rochester, Virginia Tech, University of Scranton and Binghamton University, as well as professional schools like the Fashion Institute of Technology and the Culinary Institute of America.